Productboard is the product management system that aligns everyone on the right features to build next. Designed on the Product Excellence methodology, it is used by modern, customer-driven organizations like Zendesk, UiPath, Avast, and Envoy. With productboard, every team can make products that matter, together.
With thousands (and growing!) of untouched subscribers/leads in their database, productboard needed a scalable and strategic method for maintaining engagement and increasing conversions. We started the newsletter process by documenting the following criteria:
- Identify the object
- Set goals
- Highlight KPIs and success metrics
- Establish benchmarks
- Create list segmentations
- Build content per list segmentations
- Ensure cleanliness of list
- Build a seed list for testing
- Determine areas for A/B testing
- Confirm monthly launch schedule
- Outline monthly reporting structure
- Run test campaigns
It’s worthy to mention that productboard already had Pardot set up, and they had a newsletter design and template already created, which allowed us to get to work quickly. The time it took to launch productboard’s first newsletter was roughly 12 days. We assisted productboard for four months before we handed the keys over to their marketing managers who took over the monthly spend schedule and reporting.
- Monthly average OPEN RATE was 42% over the industry average
- Monthly average CLICK RATE was 96% over the industry average
- Monthly average SIGNUP RATE increased by 25% (newsletter attribution)
- Monthly average WEBSITE TRAFFICE increased by 33% (from email)
NEWSLETTER STRATEGY TEMPLATE
We have put together a step-by-step fill-in-the-blanks newsletter strategy template that lists out all the critical steps for executing an engaging monthly newsletter.